What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi- help!!!!

julieblackers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello out there, can you help me! I live in uk currently & I'm going on holiday to the US very soon & I want to buy an iPad, however in sept I'm moving to Australia! Can anyone recommend which version of the iPad I should buy, will be compatible in all 3 countries & as I'm such a non techy what will I need to do to use it in each country? Obviuosly I would like to purchase it in the US if poss as cheaper!! Please help!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
julieblackers said:
Hello out there, can you help me! I live in uk currently & I'm going on holiday to the US very soon & I want to buy an iPad, however in sept I'm moving to Australia! Can anyone recommend which version of the iPad I should buy, will be compatible in all 3 countries & as I'm such a non techy what will I need to do to use it in each country? Obviuosly I would like to purchase it in the US if poss as cheaper!! Please help!

Hi Julie!
All versions are "compatible" in all of the three countries you will be at, the only question is if you want to decide for 3G/LTE model or "only" Wifi - of course also a matter of the price. If you want to spend a couple of bucks more for 3G/LTE (4G - new iPad) then I hope one of the Australian Supermoderators (leelai??) is going to answer if it is worth spending that money for availability of that network...
If you are not depending on continuous data connection (and/or want to save the money for the data plan) you might decide for a WIFI only version. I do have an iPad 2 WIFI only and it is absolutely sufficient for me with only WIFI access.

No problem at all to buy it (whichever you will decide for) in US and take it with you (except maybe for the customs who might want you to pay taxes for it when you come back to UK - mak sure you can say that you had bought in at home prior to your vacations).

(As far as I remember all 3G/4G iPad DO use SIM-cards, don't they???)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
J

julieblackers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply, it will be really helpful when it comes to buying it.

Most reactions

Latest posts