What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help power & volume buttons not working on iPad 2 64g

Norton57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all my iPad 2 power/sleep & volume & mute buttons all dead I've replaced the ribbon cable & still not working anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? Everything else on iPad works fine I'm out off ideas help please.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Norton - welcome to the forum! :)

Now my initial response would be to tell you to 'Reset' the iPad, BUT the statement "all dead I've replaced the ribbon cable....' needs further explanation - seems like you need to provide us w/ further details?

OP
Norton57

Norton57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again I have reset everything you can on reset page but carn't do sleep & home button hard reset because I have no sleep button. When I say buttons dead that means no response hope someone can help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again I have reset everything you can on reset page but carn't do sleep & home button hard reset because I have no sleep button. When I say buttons dead that means no response hope someone can help.

The button that you use for turning off your iPad is the sleep button.

OP
Norton57

Norton57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I don't mean to be rude but I know that the sleep button is the power button & that is what's not working. my only button working on the hole ipad is the home button.so I still need help if anyone out there can help would be Gerry thankful .

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi again Norton - you still have not discussed the issue about the 'ribbon cable' - I'm assuming that you replaced the power/volume control cable w/one similar to that shown in the pic below - correct? The photo is from Amazon HERE - in reading the comments there, this is not an 'easy' repair - do you feel the issue relates to a faulty replacement? If so, you likely have to try again or resort to a local shop w/ expertise in this area or an Apple store - good luck - :)

31FDqUG770L._SS500_.jpg

OP
Norton57

Norton57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again yes that is the cable I replaced and still no joy thank you for taking time to try and help

Most reactions

Latest posts