Help! How to change iTunes language if general language is English but iTunes is not

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Velvet1975, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Velvet1975

Velvet1975 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am based in Japan and just bought an iPad. The language is set to English, but when I go into itunes or the apple store, the language is Japanese. I don't seem to be able to change this. my Japanese is not perfect t but it is reasonably decent and I can't see anything in iTunes or apple store where you can change the language. Also, I have not even set up the iTunes account yet - would it be a good idea to set it up as if I was based in the UK to ensure that the language is English? I have a credit card connected to a UK billing address so that would not be a problem.

I would be really grateful for your help. As you can tell from what I wrote, I am not particularly computer-savvy and doubt I can sort this out myself - have been trying for quite some time but no success.

Thank you very much in advance!

Lukas
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,144 / 1
    The language of the iTunes store is based on the country. The store itself is a kind of specialized web browser, so there is no iPad setting to change that language. If there is not setting in the store itself (and I've never seen one), you can't do it.

The country settings take you to that countries store. They won't work to just change the language.

An option is to get a U.S. iTunes account. You can do this, and have two accounts. Just keep track of what apps/music/books you buy in each account, because updating or re-downloading them can only be done when you are signed on with the associated account.