What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help burning a CD with iTunes please

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought 2 songs (from separate albums) on iTunes and then I used iTunes to burn them to a CD. But now when I play them using Windows Media Player, both tracks just show up as Track 1 and Track 2, both by "Unknown Artist". How do I get it to update so that it shows the real song names and artists?

I tried right-clicking each track (in WMP) and choosing Find Album Info, but apparently that's going to end up naming the entire disc as that album, as opposed to just assigning the specific album/song name to each individual track.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You really need to explain your situation clearer - here are my assumptions: 1) You downloaded 2 songs from iTunes - these would be in AAC format (i.e. Apple's standard compressed audio codec); 2) You downloaded them to a Windows computer - if so, what PC & Windows OS; 3) You burned the songs (just 2?) to a CD-R - in what format, i.e. AAC and WMA do not play well together; and 4) You've listened to the songs on Windows Media Player - in what audio format?

You can understand my confusion - obviously the metadata on these songs you bought from Apple has not translated well to Windows - please provide a more concise explanation of your problems and needs - Dave :)

Most reactions