What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

vinamae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ordered the new iPad and will receive it soon. We now have iPad 2 so we will have to learn how to deal with one apple account with one email address. Perhaps I need to use a different email with the new one?
Glad to have access to this app.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can keep both iPads on the same Apple ID for purchasing apps, music and whatever, and have separate iCloud accounts for each.

That would allow you to keep sharing all your purchases, while having separate emails, calendars, contact lists, etc. It would also mean that each iPad has it's own 5GB of online backup and storage for data; instead of sharing it.

Apple IDs and iCloud

geneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can keep both iPads on the same Apple ID for purchasing apps, music and whatever, and have separate iCloud accounts for each.

That would allow you to keep sharing all your purchases, while having separate emails, calendars, contact lists, etc. It would also mean that each iPad has it's own 5GB of online backup and storage for data; instead of sharing it.

How would I start the process of creating a second iCloud account on wife's iPad

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's asking for an apple ID, so will it be ok to use the same I'd I'm using. I'm thinking yes which will allow us to purchase together but separate the contacts and calendar like you had suggested.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll want to use the same Apple ID for all the iStores when buying apps, music, whatever. If you want separate email, calendars, contacts, and iCloud storage space you'll want a separate iCloud accounts. It is possible to have different iCloud and iTunes accounts on the same iOS device.

There should be an option to create a new Apple ID when signing into iCloud. Use that to create a new ID for iCloud, and use it only for iCloud. For all other stuff keep using your original Apple ID. They will not affect each other.

Apple IDs and iCloud
Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

geneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I really appreciate you taking time to answer my question

geneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok wife just created an iCloud account but used our apple sign in ID and she was successful. I hope this is what I understood you to say and now she can separate her calendar and pictures from mine.

geneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey still have a problem. Wife deleted her old I could account and created a new apple ID and then created a new iCloud account. I deleted the old iCloud account that used her name and I signed back into the apple account using the account we us to purchase apps and music and attempted to create a new iCloud account and it automatically used my wife's Los iCloud address. Seems like I can't get her name off of the old apple ID in order to create my new iCloud so we can separate everything but store bought items........what do think?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you've confused me enough that you may have to call Apple and ask them to sort it for you.

Or you could try giving me a list of accounts and owner and stuff. Nothing personal, but enough general info so I can figure out how many accounts you now have and how many iCloud.

No promises. Some days nothing makes sense.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a little confused as well with the explanation the OP has provided...:confused:

OP
V

vinamae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a new question
Is it possible for me to call my husband's iPad on Skype from my new iPad when we are
Using the same wifi in our house. He does have a different Skype name but same iTunes account.

Most reactions

Latest posts