What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, Just learning the IPad

Jmariew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my IPad as a Christmas gift and am leaning something new every day, however I still have many questions.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to have you here. You'll learn lots of useful and interesting information about your iPad from a bunch of folks who are crazy about their tablet!

Have fun - and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions - there's almost always someone out there who knows the answer.

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

Jmariew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Great to have you here. You'll learn lots of useful and interesting information about your iPad from a bunch of folks who are crazy about their tablet!

Have fun - and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions - there's almost always someone out there who knows the answer.

Tim
Scotland

Thank you. I'm not real sure I know how to use this forum. I have lots of questions but can't figure out how to post them.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a question, then simply post it like you did your original post introducing yourself to the Forum. It probably helps if you start from the most appropriate section of the Forum - i.e. is it a question about apps or the operating system or iPad accessories, but don't worry if you get it wrong. No one will worry!! So, even if you have some questions now, simply ask them right away, just in a post like the two you've sent already.

Have fun

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

Jmariew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If you have a question, then simply post it like you did your original post introducing yourself to the Forum. It probably helps if you start from the most appropriate section of the Forum - i.e. is it a question about apps or the operating system or iPad accessories, but don't worry if you get it wrong. No one will worry!! So, even if you have some questions now, simply ask them right away, just in a post like the two you've sent already.

Have fun

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim. Should I be logging off of this forum each time I'm done using it?

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have fun

Tim
Scotland
How do I place a post?

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gensca

Please forgive my computer illiteracy, I do not know where to go a
When I first open a Apple iPad forum.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive my computer illiteracy, I do not know where to go a
When I first open a Apple iPad forum.

Welcome - I replied to your other post, so sorry if this is duplicate information.

You can start a new thread if you have a completely new question (like you did in your 'Gensca' thread, or simply 'Reply' in an existing thread if you have a follow-up question or you need some clarification.

If you post a new thread, it's a good idea to make the thread title meaningful; there are so many posts each day that most people don't have the time to open every thread so a non-specific thread, such as 'I have a question', will probably be ignored by most people because they simply don't have enough time to open every thread.

So try to make a new thread title specific so that people can see what your question is going to be about, for example, 'How do I perform a hard reset?'. But always use the Forum 'Search' facility first, to see if a question has already been asked. There's a search button near the top of the Forum web page. If you press this, you can type in your question - like you might do in Google. You get the option of either having your results on a thread-by-thread basis (i.e. threads in which there is a match to your question) or on a post-by-post basis (i.e. posts in which there is a match to your question).

The thread-by-thread option can be good because a match to your search question may have prompted a wide-ranging discussion in a thread that might be helpful in discussing the problem in greater detail.

But, don't worry; if you have a question and are not sure, just post it in a new thread. Forum members are all nice guys and they'll always do their best to help you.

Enjoy your new iPad and have fun.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts