1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello from Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by quicksilver, May 31, 2010.

1. quicksilver

quicksilver iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey All,

Great forum. Purchased a 16gb WiFi iPad. I am involved with local government here in NS. We are going to see how the iPad would integrate into our Government council meetings. I will testing the unit for access to Sharepoint sites and general usage at meetings for note taking. I am excited for this project since it may alleviate some of the headaches associated with being an IT admin and having to deal with the problems of giving councilors laptops for meetings. We (along with 3 other towns in NS) are testing this device I will try start a thread and keep you updated on its progress.

Glad to see a great forum dedicated to the iPad.
  2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Welcome! It sounds like a great project, keep us informed.
  3. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Welcome! Hope the iPad works out....
  4. minia08

minia08 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Nova Scotia,

Glad to see someone on same boat. I'm involved on a project of accessing sharepoint site in ipad. Do you have a update on the accessibility. how does ipad works for office documents, downloading silverlight videos and how good is the visual experience.. any add-on to the safari mobile browser is required ?
  5. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the site :)

Good luck with the project.
  6. Abrennan

Abrennan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would be very interested in hearing more about the way you use you iPads, please keep us updated
  7. TheTriton

TheTriton iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice to see that I'm not the only one out there working with this. Hello to the both of you:)

Here in the next few weeks I am going to be bringing up a 2010 environment with project server. I just got my iPad about two weeks ago. i've already tried Shareplus lite (Excellent BTW) and really loved the navigation experience. I'm going to do a complete redesign of the data we already have. I believe that a successful adoption and justification for the funding will be based on how easy you make it to get information.

Anyway.... I would love to hear what you guys learn and come up with as you dive into it

Cheers!!!
  8. tbarbee

tbarbee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    iPad/SharePoint

We are also testing the iPad in the corporate environment that includes heavy and increasing SharePoint usage. I also have SharePlus, but have reservations about it. I'm looking for a consistent user experience for our users to minimize training and frustration. In the way of background, this is very new, I've only had the iPad about 2 weeks and am not really an Apple fan. On to my first problem. I have not yet identified a way to open, edit and resave documents to SharePoint. So far, all the options open document in read-only status and require that they be saved with a new document name. This completed renders the SharePoint versioning functionality useless. Can anyone offer suggestions?
  9. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    You are replying to a thread that's over a year old - it might be worth starting a new thread on this topic...

Tim