What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from new member

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. I've been reading these forums for some time now and decided to join up. I'm a vacuum cleaner collector, anime/manga style artist, and writer, and, not least importantly, a dedicated, enthusiastic Apple User. I'm very new to Apple, starting off with an iPhone 3GS donated by a sister at the beginning of this year, but I moved on to the 4S very soon after. I also have the iPad Mini 16GB (love it!) and am awaiting my iPad Air 16GB (to be delivered next week - couldn't resist and can't wait!).

Anyway, I look forward to being part of the forum(s).

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hello back from Canada. Welcome to iPF.

For the record - I swear by Electrolux. As a kid I remember the Electrolux salesman coming to our house. To prove how powerful the machine was he vacuumed me and my sibs then showed my mom the dirt he'd sucked out of our clothes.

Not only did she buy the cleaner on the spot - she got a new washing machine too, believing the old one wasn't getting our clothes clean enough.

Needles to say these expensive transactions were done while my father was at work.

:O ;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
E

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I should have mentioned that I only collect and use Electrolux/Aerus vacuums :eek: They're powerful, durable, user friendly, and long lasting. I have Electrolux models from the late '30's/early '40's that still work just fine.

Re: door-to-door sales...that doesn't seem to be happening anymore around my way, but I remember them frequently when I was a kid.

Thanks for the welcome.

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! One of my cousins is interested in anime/manga, and I just happen to be a writer as well.

BTW, what caused you to collect vacuums?

OP
E

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I've been fascinated by vacuums since I was 4 or 5 (mostly Electrolux, but others as well). Every time I went to a relative's house, I'd have to get their vacuum out and clean. It's not the cleaning that mostly attracts me...it's the style, design, sound, etc. of the vacuum in question. Latterly, as I got the money and space, I started to collect different Electrolux/Aerus models (both vintage and modern).

As for writing and drawing, I'm strictly an amateur, but a passionate one. Thank heaven there are tons of good writing and drawing apps for the pads and phones.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts