What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from a Newbie!

alsok2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. New to iPad and iOS.
Do I need to run anything like Avast or Malwarebytes to keep the nasties at bay on this device?
I am a multi-platformist at heart, but some things sure seem cumbersome and even near impossible on an iPad (web design, etc.), which is too bad because this little toy is fun. I still really miss certain things about my 10" netbook (multiple window views, etc.; so it's still tucked behind the sofa pillow LOL) but I'm willing to keep playing.
Any advice, shortcuts, etc., always appreciated. :D

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. New to iPad and iOS.
Do I need to run anything like Avast or Malwarebytes to keep the nasties at bay on this device?
I am a multi-platformist at heart, but some things sure seem cumbersome and even near impossible on an iPad (web design, etc.), which is too bad because this little toy is fun. I still really miss certain things about my 10" netbook (multiple window views, etc.; so it's still tucked behind the sofa pillow LOL) but I'm willing to keep playing.
Any advice, shortcuts, etc., always appreciated. :D

Welcome to the forum alsok2. You don't need to worry about protecting your iPad against any viruses etc. The iPad is apps-centric and all apps, with their "sandboxed" environment, are safe from any intrusion of that kind. Take it back out from under that pillowand start fiddling with it. It might surprise you. Re advice and shortcuts, if you have anything specific to ask, don't hesitate. There's a whole bunch of people here willing to assist. But do some searching on this forum yourself to read up on other peoples' discussions and experiences, and you're likely to see they have "been there and done that". Keep on playing!

Most reactions

Latest posts