What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everybody...

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...i'm a new members here..had a big problem with my new ipad..have no idea about my ipad 2 64G wifi 3g..anybody plz help me to dissolve my problem with my new ipad...tq

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sopieyantie said:
Hi...i'm a new members here..had a big problem with my new ipad..have no idea about my ipad 2 64G wifi 3g..anybody plz help me to dissolve my problem with my new ipad...tq

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Could you be a little bit more descriptive in your message, what problem do you have, whatever it is i'm sure someone here can help you. You just need to say what help you need.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Due to the large amount of glass involved, hydrofluoric acid is probably your best bet to completely dissolve the iPad. :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Due to the large amount of glass involved, hydrofluoric acid is probably your best bet to completely dissolve the iPad. :D

Oh yeah, great, I just coughed a mouthful of tea all over my desk as I read that! Hopefully I'll stop laughing long enough to drink the rest of it....

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Oh yeah, great, I just coughed a mouthful of tea all over my desk as I read that! Hopefully I'll stop laughing long enough to drink the rest of it....

The Archangel

Don't worry, contrary to popular believe tea does not contain tannic acid. Your desk is safe, though your iPad may not care for the dangerous amounts DiHydrogenOxide present, so hopefully it is out of tea spewing range. :D

Ok, I'll stop, Sweetpoison. And when the the victim, I mean Original Poster, enlightens us on the nature of the problems in need of dissolving I'll even try to be helpful. :p

@OP, no offense intended. The typo was just too irresistible to pass up. Welcome to the forum. :)

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi there, welcome to the forum. Could you be a little bit more descriptive in your message, what problem do you have, whatever it is i'm sure someone here can help you. You just need to say what help you need.

Actually i bought this ipad to replace my laptop..so i thought this ipad is much better than laptop in its apllication to do my work..everyday i have to write letter on my duty...the application for office work in this ipad are not much better than in my laptop..for example in document quickoffice...i cant do a good typing just like in laptop...so difficult...another problem is i cant transfer photo n music from ipad to my blackberry phone through bluetooth...i cant connect my phone with ipad...for my company's email, i have to check it everyday...but i must to open it through internet explorer...but i cant install internet explorer in my ipad...can u help me plz...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Just brilliant, still laughing, glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I choked on my fosters lager while eating TimTams ..... Welcome to our forum now we are back to normal I am sure as a team we can guide you to resolve your problem.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

Actually i bought this ipad to replace my laptop..so i thought this ipad is much better than laptop in its apllication to do my work..everyday i have to write letter on my duty...the application for office work in this ipad are not much better than in my laptop..for example in document quickoffice...i cant do a good typing just like in laptop...so difficult...another problem is i cant transfer photo n music from ipad to my blackberry phone through bluetooth...i cant connect my phone with ipad...for my company's email, i have to check it everyday...but i must to open it through internet explorer...but i cant install internet explorer in my ipad...can u help me plz...

Have a look around the Forum and use the Search facility - including our Google search - and you'll find the answer to all of these problems. The iPad works just fine for office work; I use mine each and every day writing reports, creating presentations, answering emails - I have no problems at all. So, have a look around first of all and see the experiences of other Members and you'll find solutions to most all your problems...

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hmm, that's quite a list:

The iPad can serve some people as an excellent laptop replacement, and others not so much. It depends very much on what you do.

There are no Office applications on the iPad with all the features of that you can get on a laptop. However for just writing a letter, there are plenty of options. Here are a couple of reviews by members of the forum.

Compare iWorks, Office 2 HD, Documents to Go, QuickOffice by richsdams
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Office Apps comparison (details and examples, very long)
http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

Many members like to use a bluetooth keyboard with their iPad for typing longer emails, documents, whatever. Most bluetooth keyboards will work fine. There are even some cases available that have built in bluetooth keyboards. Browse and search the forum for opinions on most of them.

I don't know what to do for your Blackberry. I'd look in the Blackberry app store (or whatever they call it) to see if you can get a DropBox app for it. If so get a DropBox account (free for a basic account) and the app for the iPad. That way you can move, copy, and download files on both devices. This won't be a solution for everything, but it's a start.

Your company email is a thornier problem. I recommend talking to your IT Staff. If they have external mail set up for POP or IMAP accounts they should be able to tell you how to set it up. If the only allow OWA (Outlook Web Access) then the iPad's ability to use it is dependent on whether they are running the most recent version of the software, and whether they have set it up for mobile access. Up to them, mostly.

There are a few app that promise to improve how OWA works on the iPad. Search for OWA in the App Store and read the reviews. Maybe someone else will chime in with a favorite, but I don't have OWA to experiment with.

Internet Explorer can not be installed on the iPad. There are quite a few other browsers for the iPad that offer extra features, but almost all of them are based on the same engine as the default Safari browser, so they trend to fail with exactly the same pages as Safari does. If Safari is not working for your OWA email, all I can suggest is (as before) talking to your IT people, or trying owe of the OWA apps in the store.

Feel free to ask more questions, but I recommend starting a new thread (in the appropriate forum area) for each one. Individual questions tend to get better responses. I think all of them together tend to intimidate people (or bring out the lazy in some, like me). :D

And yes, I know we encouraged to you dump them all on us this time. Not your fault, which is why I did my best to cover everything; though I'm sure I missed something.

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your information...really help me to understand much better about this ipad...how ever still fell dissapointed with my ipad...but i'll keep trying to learn how to make my ipad as a pet of mine...;p

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sopieyantie said:
Thank you so much for your information...really help me to understand much better about this ipad...how ever still fell dissapointed with my ipad...but i'll keep trying to learn how to make my ipad as a pet of mine...;p

Don't despair. I know that in the beginning it can be a little, well okay a lot, overwhelming but if you do what Twerppoet suggests and do some research on your individual problems, then little by little it will all become clearer to you. Persevere and I know you will come to love your iPad and what it can achieve for you as much as the rest of us do. Welcome!!

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your list is quite long, so I can understand how you might be feeling overwhelmed. Take it one item at a time and as Tim suggested, search for that item here on the forums and make a new post in the appropriate area.

If you concentrate on getting comfortable with one type of task at a time you may not feel so overwhelmed. Give yourself time to acclimate, as the iPad is quite a unique device and will feel nothing like your laptop. You may find that some tasks are ultimately best done on the laptop, and that's ok, too.

I have had my iPad for approximately four months and am still learning and discovering new uses, so it's definitely an ongoing process!

OP
sopieyantie

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
debsylvania said:
Your list is quite long, so I can understand how you might be feeling overwhelmed. Take it one item at a time and as Tim suggested, search for that item here on the forums and make a new post in the appropriate area.

If you concentrate on getting comfortable with one type of task at a time you may not feel so overwhelmed. Give yourself time to acclimate, as the iPad is quite a unique device and will feel nothing like your laptop. You may find that some tasks are ultimately best done on the laptop, and that's ok, too.

I have had my iPad for approximately four months and am still learning and discovering new uses, so it's definitely an ongoing process!

Thank you so much guys for your support..i'll try to love my ipad soon...

Most reactions

Latest posts