What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hdmi

tim1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evening

I just recieved my HDMI adapter for my ipad 2. Is there away to set it full screen on the tv fr games etc.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tim - the iPad, HDMI adapter, & a HDTV are not always compatible bedmates, unfortunately; this is an oft asked question and a search would likely provide plenty of hits of past suggestions & solutions - e.g. one HERE.

First, keep in mind that the output of the iPad is a 4:3 (1.33) aspect ratio and that of a modern HDTV 16:9 (1.78), so w/o distortion adjustments, the screen of the iPad on the TV will have side bars (same as watching an old 4:3 movie). Second, the application/video source likely impacts on your options of 'filling' your TV screen (upscaling being one possibility) - now, you can check the features w/i an app & the iPad settings, in addition to the choices on your HDTV (e.g. zooming, changing the aspect ratio, etc.) - there seems to be no perfect solution using the HDMI cable.

Another choice is to use an Apple TV - don't own one myself (have a Roku device which streams movies & TV shows fully to my HDTV if in that format), but hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ more advice - good luck! Dave :)

OP
T

tim1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim - the iPad, HDMI adapter, & a HDTV are not always compatible bedmates, unfortunately; this is an oft asked question and a search would likely provide plenty of hits of past suggestions & solutions - e.g. one HERE.

First, keep in mind that the output of the iPad is a 4:3 (1.33) aspect ratio and that of a modern HDTV 16:9 (1.78), so w/o distortion adjustments, the screen of the iPad on the TV will have side bars (same as watching an old 4:3 movie). Second, the application/video source likely impacts on your options of 'filling' your TV screen (upscaling being one possibility) - now, you can check the features w/i an app & the iPad settings, in addition to the choices on your HDTV (e.g. zooming, changing the aspect ratio, etc.) - there seems to be no perfect solution using the HDMI cable.

Another choice is to use an Apple TV - don't own one myself (have a Roku device which streams movies & TV shows fully to my HDTV if in that format), but hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ more advice - good luck! Dave :)

Ok thanks does make sende

Most reactions

Latest posts