1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hdmi

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by tim1965, Jul 18, 2013.

1. tim1965

tim1965 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Evening

I just recieved my HDMI adapter for my ipad 2. Is there away to set it full screen on the tv fr games etc.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +817 / 0
    Hi Tim - the iPad, HDMI adapter, & a HDTV are not always compatible bedmates, unfortunately; this is an oft asked question and a search would likely provide plenty of hits of past suggestions & solutions - e.g. one HERE.

First, keep in mind that the output of the iPad is a 4:3 (1.33) aspect ratio and that of a modern HDTV 16:9 (1.78), so w/o distortion adjustments, the screen of the iPad on the TV will have side bars (same as watching an old 4:3 movie). Second, the application/video source likely impacts on your options of 'filling' your TV screen (upscaling being one possibility) - now, you can check the features w/i an app & the iPad settings, in addition to the choices on your HDTV (e.g. zooming, changing the aspect ratio, etc.) - there seems to be no perfect solution using the HDMI cable.

Another choice is to use an Apple TV - don't own one myself (have a Roku device which streams movies & TV shows fully to my HDTV if in that format), but hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ more advice - good luck! Dave :)
  3. tim1965

tim1965 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thanks does make sende
  4. tim1965

tim1965 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok does make sence