1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

HDMI adapter for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Ron Jones, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Ron Jones

Ron Jones iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I see the Apple Store shows the "Apple Digital AV Adapter" as being compatible with all of the iPads, including the new 3rd generation model. The model number for this AV Adapter (with HDMI output for a HDTV) seems to be MD098ZM (not listed on the text description but in the URL for the Apple Store web page for that product). However, the identical looking Apple Digital AV Adapter being sold by virtually all other Apple dealers and e'tailers I have checked is a model MC953ZM. That latter model number does not seem to be listed anywhere on the Apple Store site. Anyone have a clue if the MC953ZM is compatible with the new iPad.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. syee

syee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the MC953ZM/A which was originally purchased for an iPad2. I've used it on my 3rd gen iPad and it does prompt me that the accessory is not supported but it does pass video and audio through to my display device. If you've already got one, then I'd say keep using it. If you're going to go buy one new, unless it's significantly cheaper, grab the one with the new model number so you don't have the constant "This accessory is not supported" message.