What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI adapter for iPad 3

Ron Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the Apple Store shows the "Apple Digital AV Adapter" as being compatible with all of the iPads, including the new 3rd generation model. The model number for this AV Adapter (with HDMI output for a HDTV) seems to be MD098ZM (not listed on the text description but in the URL for the Apple Store web page for that product). However, the identical looking Apple Digital AV Adapter being sold by virtually all other Apple dealers and e'tailers I have checked is a model MC953ZM. That latter model number does not seem to be listed anywhere on the Apple Store site. Anyone have a clue if the MC953ZM is compatible with the new iPad.

Last edited:

syee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the Apple Store shows the "Apple Digital AV Adapter" as being compatible with all of the iPads, including the new 3rd generation model. The model number for this AV Adapter (with HDMI output for a HDTV) seems to be MD098ZM (not listed on the text description but in the URL for the Apple Store web page for that product). However, the identical looking Apple Digital AV Adapter being sold by virtually all other Apple dealers and e'tailers I have checked is a model MC953ZM. That latter model number does not seem to be listed anywhere on the Apple Store site. Anyone have a clue if the MC953ZM is compatible with the new iPad.

I have the MC953ZM/A which was originally purchased for an iPad2. I've used it on my 3rd gen iPad and it does prompt me that the accessory is not supported but it does pass video and audio through to my display device. If you've already got one, then I'd say keep using it. If you're going to go buy one new, unless it's significantly cheaper, grab the one with the new model number so you don't have the constant "This accessory is not supported" message.

Most reactions

Latest posts