What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had to Reserve My IPAD 2 from Best Buy...Still Waiting

Macmutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah once i saw that apple had a 5 to 6 week shipping wait, i contacted Best Buy and although there already sold out of there first shipment.

They are taking $100 reserves for the IPAD 2 and then they say they'll call you as soon as the next shipment arrives, supposedly within a week.

So far it's been two days and the waiting is unbearable, i'm not used to laying down money without getting anything in return.

Anyone else playing the waiting game with a specific store ?

Does anyone have a clue when Apple is doing there second shipment to stores ?
I've been waiting months for the IPAD 2 and because i missed getting it on release day, i am truly suffering for it now.

Shade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I layed down $100 too on Saturday. But I the wait is killing me. No one knows anything there as to when they'll get shipments, etc. Id rather go to apple. That's why I'm wakng up early tomorrow and venturing down to the apple store before they open.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered from Apple today and they said it would be 6 weeks. I'll be lucky to get it then!

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumor - And I was might last week when I said apple would be saying 4-6 week. Expect that to change by Sat to 6-8 weeks. On the other hand Best buy call a friend that put a 100 dollar deposit two days ago and he got his blk 32gb today. Non 3G .

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah once i saw that apple had a 5 to 6 week shipping wait, i contacted Best Buy and although there already sold out of there first shipment.

They are taking $100 reserves for the IPAD 2 and then they say they'll call you as soon as the next shipment arrives, supposedly within a week.

So far it's been two days and the waiting is unbearable, i'm not used to laying down money without getting anything in return.

I've been waiting months for the IPAD 2 and because i missed getting it on release day, i am truly suffering for it now.

Yeah, I layed down $100 too on Saturday. But I the wait is killing me. No one knows anything there as to when they'll get shipments, etc. Id rather go to apple. That's why I'm wakng up early tomorrow and venturing down to the apple store before they open.

Why did you lock yourself into a single bestbuy? By the time that particular store gets it other retailers will have it too and if the other retailers get it earlier than that bestbuy store then you are "stuck" with their $100 bestbuy card. Now you have to wait for THAT specific store to get stock.

You should have taken your chances with apple.com and if they didn't ship it and you found it in a retailer (ANY bestbuy, target, walmart or apple store) you could have canceled the apple order. Oh well.

justanovice

iPF Noob
Reaction score

At least you were able to reserve yours. I live 90 minutes away from Best Buy, drove down Sat and they had just run out. Called Wed as advised but no drop shipment so still out. Was told about the $100 deposit to get on the list but had to go to the store to do this, (they couldn't have told me that on Sat??). Drove down Thursday after calling to verify you could still get on the list. Once there was told corporate stopped the reservations as they couldn't guarantee when they would be getting them in and had too many reservations already, geeez. Tried Walmart both in home town and in town where Best Buy is, no luck. Tried Target, they ran out yesterday. Am I really supposed to get this iPad, I'm beginning to wonder if fate is trying to tell me something.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Did you happen to ask where you were on the list? Best Buy has a habit of taking down names and letting their lists get LONG. When the HTC Evo and the iPhone 4 came out, the lists were 50+ people long.

Point being, if waiting 2 days is long, you might want to be ready to wait 4 weeks (as was the case with the Evo and the iPhone 4)

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See thats the biggest fear i got for now, BIG waiting time.

Europe release is 25.03. and im gonna be the one of the first 40 who place a purchase for the IPad2 on the apple page of my country and now i wonder if i should camp the local biggest Apple Store 3 hours before it opens (people in Germany dont camp the local stores 3 days before like in the US) in addition just to make sure to get a Pad.

I just wanna get one with the first shipment, since it takes up to 6 weeks in the US, i think it will take 2+ months until the next shipment will arrive Europe.

Dark Lazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preordered one at Best Buy on the 12th. They said it would be two weeks (which I assume means at the latest 2 weeks) and today makes one week, so I'm hoping it arrives soon.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
A word of advice for ya'll...Get the buy back program with your iPad. That way...when the iPad 3 comes out, we will give you AT LEAST 200 dollars for your iPad 2.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See thats the biggest fear i got for now, BIG waiting time.

Europe release is 25.03. and im gonna be the one of the first 40 who place a purchase for the IPad2 on the apple page of my country and now i wonder if i should camp the local biggest Apple Store 3 hours before it opens (people in Germany dont camp the local stores 3 days before like in the US) in addition just to make sure to get a Pad.

I just wanna get one with the first shipment, since it takes up to 6 weeks in the US, i think it will take 2+ months until the next shipment will arrive Europe.

Seemed to be alot of Germans camped out when the Apple store opened in Frankfurt ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTCLrCVv0c&feature=related[/ame]

Just Saying :)

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What an embarrassing video, lol

Well it was for the opening of the apple store, not the IPad release.

Still, u scared me the first minute i watched it :p

Ah hell i already got 3 big appel partners in "inform me when its on sale online" and still thinking of camping THIS store in that video 3 hours before open.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped by there today. Great location! I really love the pedestrian zones of European cities.

Most reactions