What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

xx_bishop_xx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings. Current Android user (gasp! ..I know, I know....fear not, there is an iPhone4 and a MacBook in the family). My first step to jumping ship and leaving the dark side is considering buying an iPad1 from my CFO here at work. It's pretty much flawless, 64GB, WiFi, and 3G. The price he is asking is $300. Now, on to the reading to see if I can find some information to help me make my decision. Any input from the folks around here is certainly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's an excellent price IMO.
As a dual user I can honestly write they both have their advantages. The iPad has a few limitations in it's browser use but apps make up for it. The biggest difference I've found has been in screen customizing and file manipulation( there are work arounds, just not native like the Android ) so if thats not a deal breaker you won't regret getting an iPad 1 ,especially that one at that price. Multitasking according to Apples definition will be different than what you are used to but,again I've found it easy to work around. The only thing I have not been able to duplicate that my Incredible will do is on screen settings widgets, again a nuisance but not a deal breaker for me.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OP
xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's an excellent price IMO.
As a dual user I can honestly write they both have their advantages. The iPad has a few limitations in it's browser use but apps make up for it. The biggest difference I've found has been in screen customizing and file manipulation( there are work arounds, just not native like the Android ) so if thats not a deal breaker you won't regret getting an iPad 1 ,especially that one at that price. Multitasking according to Apples definition will be different than what you are used to but,again I've found it easy to work around. The only thing I have not been able to duplicate that my Incredible will do is on screen settings widgets, again a nuisance but not a deal breaker for me.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Thanks for your thoughts. That's mostly what I'm thinking. I think my only real concern from what I've been reading is lag/latency on the iPad1. Do you experience such a thing? I'm aware there's obviously a performance increase, but is it tremendous in your opinion?

Most reactions

Latest posts