Greetings Fellow iPad Lovers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Izziemom, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Izziemom

Izziemom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had my iPad for about a week now. I'm loving it :) Found this forum while shopping around for accessories and such. Good to know there is a place to share with others who have the "bug."

Quick question.... Apple sent me an email recently about locking the screen while reading by using the button above the volume controls. When I do that, it just turns the volume on and off. Are they wrong or am I goofy?

2. Leafscat

Leafscat iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Similar story. I am also new and had mine about a week. Loving it when I get a chance to use it! Seems everyone else wants to have a go. I also am curious about the button above the volume control. Like you I read that it kept the screen from reorientating if you didn't want it to. That doesn't work for me. When I use the button I get a visual on screen that it is muting the speaker. Funny thing though it doesn't.

There is another way to lock the screen. Whatever application you are in double click the button on the frame. That will bring up a toolbar. Go all the way to the lift and you will see a circular arrow. Click on that and it will lock the screen.

3. ipfmike

ipfmike iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings Im.

4. Izziemom

Izziemom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks and happy iPadding!

5. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The button above the volume bar used to lock the screen before the last update, then apple replaced it with the mute function sadly.