What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings Fellow iPad Lovers

Izziemom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for about a week now. I'm loving it :) Found this forum while shopping around for accessories and such. Good to know there is a place to share with others who have the "bug."

Quick question.... Apple sent me an email recently about locking the screen while reading by using the button above the volume controls. When I do that, it just turns the volume on and off. Are they wrong or am I goofy?

Leafscat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar story. I am also new and had mine about a week. Loving it when I get a chance to use it! Seems everyone else wants to have a go. I also am curious about the button above the volume control. Like you I read that it kept the screen from reorientating if you didn't want it to. That doesn't work for me. When I use the button I get a visual on screen that it is muting the speaker. Funny thing though it doesn't.

There is another way to lock the screen. Whatever application you are in double click the button on the frame. That will bring up a toolbar. Go all the way to the lift and you will see a circular arrow. Click on that and it will lock the screen.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The button above the volume bar used to lock the screen before the last update, then apple replaced it with the mute function sadly.

Most reactions

Latest posts