What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the iPad Air Yesterday (11-4-13)

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. Got it yesterday. All good. Today I signed up for the 200 MB FREE T Mobile data plan. Free costs $10.00 to sign up. I don't plan to use much cellular data so free should be about what I pay each month.

They did mention that I could buy in increments of 500 MB's for another $10.00 if needed. There are other purchase options as well.

Pwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. Got it yesterday. All good. Today I signed up for the 200 MB FREE T Mobile data plan. Free costs $10.00 to sign up. I don't plan to use much cellular data so free should be about what I pay each month.

They did mention that I could buy in increments of 500 MB's for another $10.00 if needed. There are other purchase options as well.

Hope you are enjoying it! Is it your first Ipad? You will be surprised how often you might use the data plan, if you don't have a smart phone like me. Its nice to have the option of adding the data plan MB's if you need them. I notice when we travel that the more expensive the hotel is, the more they charge for wifi in the room! The 3G has proved much cheaper! ( I am still amazed to see push button phones on hotel nightstands, I've forgotten how they work :p )

OP
J

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the 3rd. I had the first and third iPad. The first had cellular and the next no cellular service. Sold them both.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope you are enjoying it! Is it your first Ipad? You will be surprised how often you might use the data plan, if you don't have a smart phone like me. Its nice to have the option of adding the data plan MB's if you need them. I notice when we travel that the more expensive the hotel is, the more they charge for wifi in the room! The 3G has proved much cheaper! ( I am still amazed to see push button phones on hotel nightstands, I've forgotten how they work :p )

Ya know, I went with a cellular model this time but I haven't used the data really at all yet. But it's still nice knowing it's there should I need it. And, my goodness, 4G and LTE scream..... Way faster than even my high end broadband connection. It's just easy to eat up that data so tread carefully!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya know, I went with a cellular model this time but I haven't used the data really at all yet. But it's still nice knowing it's there should I need it. And, my goodness, 4G and LTE scream..... Way faster than even my high end broadband connection. It's just easy to eat up that data so tread carefully!

I like having the GPS chip in my iPads as they make great tools to Nav. Trying to see a tiny phone screen while driving is crazy IMO.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like having the GPS chip in my iPads as they make great tools to Nav. Trying to see a tiny phone screen while driving is crazy IMO.

Yeah, that was the main reason I got it. We just haven't take a road trip in a while so when we do....I'll have it!

PDX_FF

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I appreciate the free data but my god I burned through that 200MB within a couple of days. I forget I have it and get reminded when I get an email from T-Mobile telling me that it has been reset.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I appreciate the free data but my god I burned through that 200MB within a couple of days. I forget I have it and get reminded when I get an email from T-Mobile telling me that it has been reset.

It doesn't last long, does it? You really have to watch closely and only use it when you really need it!

Most reactions

Latest posts