What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the iPad 2 finally. Fantastic BUT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all the excellent advice on this forum I got the iPad 2. Managed to get it 4.3.3 so have jail broken it (otherwise wouldn't touch it with a bargepole) and it is a FANTASTIC device. Very happy indeed with this beauty.

BUT

The lack of Flash is a REAL failure. I knew about it going in so I made the choice knowingly but I obviously underestimated how often it is required (flash browser options are mediocre at best and largely a waste of time). Despite loving the iPad and the iPhone I am beginning to dislike apple more and more everyday for ruining an otherwise incredible product. It is almost totally unacceptable that one should charge so much for hardware and then put such a huge limitation on it for whatever reason (it's obvious what the reasons are but as this will be hotly debated by apple fans I won't even go there because it's irrelevant as we should have the choice). All due respect to Steve jobs for what he has done, and I hope all is well with him, but I am hoping tim cook will put things right.

Much as I love this device, am overall happy I bought it, and will not give it back (only just!!), I hesitate before recommending it to anybody and all I can say is I am counting down the days (sadly though it's more likely to be years) that android have anything half decent to offer as an alternative. Apple won me over this time, but only by a whisker.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your review. This is Apple's thoughts regarding flash and is unlikely to ever change.

Thoughts on Flash

With all due respect, I fail to see how this thread if left open ~ will be nothing but a flash discussion; of which one more we do not need. Topics such as these do not benefit IPF or its members.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts