What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

google calendar not syncing all categories

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have just set up a google calendar, added the google account to my ipad and all seemed to be syncing nicely across the air. However I have since added some new calandars (ie categories, home, social etc) to my google calendar (I did that on my pc) and the categories are not showing on my ipad. I have tried removing the account and reinstalling it. No difference. I tried following a link to googlesync to use that and was told my device doesnt support it (it's an ipad not an ipad 2 and wifi is connected okay)

Please can anyone help?

TIA, Ruth

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You need to go to m.google.com/sync and manage your device to make sure all your calendars are set to sync.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Strange, I have a iPad 1 and it works for me. What version if iOS are you using?

You are visiting the site in safari on your iPad aren't you?

Also how have you set your google account up on the iPad? I think it might have to be setup as an exchange account.

OP
R

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for further reply. I have a ipad 1 and I am trying to look at the calendar on the device not in safari. I will try looking at it in safari now, but it's not the point is it? have been looking around on the net and it seems only the primary calendar will show. Here's an interesting post attempting to bypass the issue but it looks a bit risky/techy for me.

How to Sync Multiple Calendars to the iPad With Google Sync — Mobile Technology News

The calendars are all showing automatically on my htc wildfire phone.

I used with caldav when I added the account to my ipad, suggested on a web posting. It worked fine, but as I say only the prinmary calendar is showing.

OP
R

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they are showing if I open the calendar in safari but no luck with the calendar function.

I don't think it's supported.

I don't know the IOS, how do I find out? It's 59gb 3G ipad bought Sep'10.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Goto settings - general - about on the iPad and post your version number. Mines 4.3.4. It should work for you and the only reason I can think it says not supported is because your on an older version of iOS.

OP
R

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is frustrating. I have now tried just about everything including reloading with microsoft exchange rather than caldav, then selecting all the calendars in m.google/sync to show. They still DO nOT show on the ipad calendar so I have put an icon on the screen to shortcut to the clendar via safari. This does the job in that I can access it on my ipad but I have to be connected to the net of course so it's not quite ideal. if anyone out there can suggest another way or confirm that it is impossible to see more than the primary calendar in ipad calendar, it would be very illuminating!

OP
R

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref are you looking at your calendar in safari or on the default ipad calendar?

OP
R

Ruthiebabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went away came back and realised that when I had reloaded it with exchange and then used m.google/sync I had deleted my old outlook calendar on my ipad(deliberately) but that prior to that I had not had 'all calendars selected' simply cos the outlook one was confusing things. The categories were NOT showing then though, even if I selected 'all calendars' but I had toggled back to not having them all selected. I think that using exchange and me.google/sync HAD sorted it but that I just wasn't seeing that it had because of my error in not then setting it back to 'all calendars selected'!

Anyway, sorted. Thanks for your time and helpfulness.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, to start from the beginning, because not everything's been laid out on the table yet.

First the Google Account has to be set up as an Exchange account: This method does the job well.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

The same site lays out what you need to do to get multiple calendars to sync. Hold in mind that when you visit the m.google.com/sync site you have to do so from the iPad in Safari. You can not do it from the computer. If you've tried setting it up more than once it is possible there will be more than one iPad listed. Be sure you get the right device.

Finally, in the Calendar app itself make sure you tap the Calendar button at the top left and make sure all calendars are selected to display.

I recommend deleting your Google account on the iPad (and any other CalDAV accounts you may have setup) and starting over with this method. It's worked for every one that I know of. Unless, of course, you're the first exception. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts