Good day morning night where ever you are.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by jimmybuck, Apr 28, 2012.

1. jimmybuck

jimmybuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello I'm shinny and new to this forum, but would like to share a little problem I have with all you bright sparks,
    If I may?

2. seneca18

seneca18
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Spark on! Ask away.

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there! Yes-spark on!!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

4. jimmybuck

jimmybuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ok you asked for it,
    I'm stuck in foreign air space with me new ipad3 (love it!), and have been given a HTC desire phone for the bigness trip.
    Ive got aload of photos taken on the HTC that I need to get onto my IPad, Been doing some research and it doesn't look to good, Over to you, may the sparks fly!

5. followthesapper

followthesapper
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Got a Dropbox account? If not, sign up (5gb free) and upload the photo's then download to your iPad

6. jimmybuck

jimmybuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thx, i did think of that route, i have dropbox on imac and ipad, But say I don,t want to pay the roaming charge on downloading dropbox for This works phone, (long story the handset has an app (teamhaven) that links straight back to a company through wifi that then uploads the file information but i cant send these files through that database, also the phone has no sim to stop phone abuse on international calls and surfing rates etc,
    I can't upload the images by Bluetooth or USB can I?
    suppose I could grab a local sim pay as u go, and upload Dropbox to the phone that would be cheaper. Then as you so rightly said
    share. God I made that sound complicated.
    Anyway cheers for your input, this site is great. Perfect for thick macmonkies like me.

7. followthesapper

followthesapper
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  8. seneca18

seneca18
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    That will be tricky if you do not have access to a computer and iTunes. I would vote for the dropbox idea. If possible try and find a coffee shop or something that will let you access WiFi so you will not have to deal with roaming charges.

9. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  10. jimmybuck

jimmybuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The camera kit by the way certainly doesn't work I tried that first off, and got a message on iPad stating, "the device is to large for connection", how small does it need to be less than in inches! (joke). But there you go.