What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garmin USA Missing from the App Store

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone know why? I purchased it some time ago, then deleted it for space reasons (on my iPad 1) and wanted to add it to my iPad 3. A search on "Garmin" did not turn it up on either the general search or on my purchased apps. Garmin USA failed on the general category, but succeeded on my purchased app category.

Think it is because it is going to be superceded by the iOS 6.0 app that is being provided by Garmin?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did not find anything searching for Garmin, but a search for StreetPilot turned up the Garmin U.S.A. app, and a few others.

Is that what you were looking for?

BTW, Apple contracted with Tom Tom for world wide map data. So, yes, Garmin might be a little ticked.

Still, I don't think the big map apps are going away. Apple did not say a thing about local storage of maps, so if you want offline maps then Garmin and the others still have a market. And they still have professional level features to offer that Apple's app doesn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts