What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garage Band for iPad

cflyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just got an iPad (not iPad2). Main interest is to use Garage Band while travelling. Downloaded it and it works well on this machine (contrary to the advice i received in the store).
I have a question.
1) just made a simple song using GB. How do i transfer the individual tracks to a computer for further processing. These tracks are midi files as i understand it.

Kind regards
Richie

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
select track view, my songs, send to itunes (you can choose between aac audio file or garage band file to open it in Garage band on Nac) or email song (this will render it to m4a)

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

OP
C

cflyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your quick reply. I was rather hoping i could retrieve the midi tracks as separate files. Seems that is not possible. Oh well..... :)

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
garage band is not midi. You can use the file as multitrack in Mac Garage band or Logic studio

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

OP
C

cflyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, ok. Thankyou for setting me straight on this.
Kind regards
Richie

juliuswb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any one know of a way to recover or restore a deleted garage band file. I have the file saved elsewhere as an m4a file.

Help please?....

Most reactions

Latest posts