What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Center will not go away

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before iOS 9 I was able to sign out of Game Center and not have any pop ups from it. After upgrading I cannot stop Game Center from popping up. If I sign in and turn off notifications and turn off everything in Restrictions it still says Hi. If I sign out Game Center keeps asking me to sign in, Is there a way to get rid of the pop ups like before iOS 9?

dordale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What worked for me was to keep choosing cancel every time I was asked to log into Game Center. It eventually stops asking.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What worked for me was to keep choosing cancel every time I was asked to log into Game Center. It eventually stops asking.
That's what I did. I haven't been asked to log into Game Centre for almost 2 years.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scifan, I'm guessing you didn't update to iOS9? Since I did that, the annoying begscreen pops up for 3-10 game launches, then stops for awhile...then starts again. The weekly updates may be resetting the annoyance factor, or maybe it's simply random suckitude.

Meanwhile, the Photos bug I reported in 8.0 is still unfixed: in landscape mode, wide photos are fit to the screen top and bottom, and both sides get clipped. Sure wish they'd spend more time fixing bugs and less adding useless glitz features.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan, I'm guessing you didn't update to iOS9? Since I did that, the annoying begscreen pops up for 3-10 game launches, then stops for awhile...then starts again. The weekly updates may be resetting the annoyance factor, or maybe it's simply random suckitude.

Meanwhile, the Photos bug I reported in 8.0 is still unfixed: in landscape mode, wide photos are fit to the screen top and bottom, and both sides get clipped. Sure wish they'd spend more time fixing bugs and less adding useless glitz features.
I've been on iOS 9 since June.

Most reactions

Latest posts