fringerprints

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by mono01, Apr 6, 2010.

1. mono01

mono01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have any of you notice fringerprints just like the ipod touch? thank you.
  2. rob the elder

rob the elder iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    second most irritating thing about my IPAD experience is the fingerprints. Have to clean it every time I use it. Ughhh

I have tried Kindle for IPAD and really like it. But for the weight that precludes laying down and reading, its a very nice reader.
  3. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My wife noticed the fingerprints, when it is turned off. She is amazed how the second I turn it on, the fingerprints just disappear.

Now in a bright environment, the backlight is not strong enough to overpower the fingerprints and you can see them. But I've discovered the backlight is not adequate to watch video in a bright environment. I had hoped it would be as strong as my Macbook Pro, but it's not even close. With a stronger backlight, I don't think fingerprints would ever be a problem, but then battery life could become a problem.
  4. mono01

mono01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    according to steve jobs they were to put some speacial coating so you would not have frigerprints but i guess it was a lie!
  5. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I notice it but its really only a problem on dark backgrounds or if you are specifically looking for it.

Once you are using an app or anything with a light background I cant really see them.
  6. mono01

mono01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what i want to know is when you turn off the ipad are you going to see fringerprints and am i going to have to clean the ipad every day.
  7. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Yes, you seem them visibly. Probably depends on how greasy your skin is as well :) I happen to be pretty oily I guess.

As to whether you need to clean it all the time, I guess it depends on how annoying you find it. I haven't cleaned mine once but thats a personal preference thing.
  8. rob the elder

rob the elder iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am getting a screen protector mostly for the fingerprints. My experience is they are much easier to clean off the protector vice the screen.

I am also getting a skin for it. Its so heavy that it sets on its back much of the time and will get damaged unless its protected.

I lay mine glass down when not in use like my IPHONE. Having paid for one screen replacement I am not looking forward to doing it another time.
  9. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I only notice fingerprints when the screen is off or if there is a glare on the screen.