What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the Man United app to watch games not being shown on network tv. I have my IPad hooked to my tv with an Apple AC adapter. I get a wonderful full screen picture on the tv, but here's the problem. The tv picture freezes every four minutes and stays that way if I leave it alone. I have to hit home and re sign in then I hit the 'play' arrow and it is ok for another five minutes. Jumping up to fix this every five minutes is good exercise but not much fun. On Apple tech advice, I have deleted and re downloaded the app, to no avail.

OP
R

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, but I will. Man U have always been sketchy on internet matters, their website would fail to recognize my password at every other log in. Was hoping it was something I could fix in settings. One other thing, if I watch it on the Ipad it's ok, but they use a really small screen that won't enlarge.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the Apple Digital AV adaptor?
552351-apple-s-digital-av-adapter.png

OP
R

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I use. The strange thing is, I get a perfect 60" HD quality picture for four minutes then it freezes. Nothing will happen until I go through the log in procedure on the pad and once the IPad screen energizes I can hit the play arrow and away she goes.

OP
R

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I use. The strange thing is, I get a perfect 60" HD quality picture for four minutes then the tv screen freezes. Nothing will happen until I go through the log in procedure on the pad and once the IPad screen energizes I can hit the play arrow and away she goes.

OP
R

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder, just took ja's suggestion and checked Auto Lock, surprise, it was set on five minutes, just the same time as my problem. Can't wait to see if it works. Is there any problem with leaving the auto lock on Never, permanently?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder, just took ja's suggestion and checked Auto Lock, surprise, it was set on five minutes, just the same time as my problem. Can't wait to see if it works. Is there any problem with leaving the auto lock on Never, permanently?
It's only a problem if you leave your iPad unattended with the screen on for extended periods of time. It'll run your battery down quite rapidly. If you always reset Auto Lock back to its previous setting there'll be no problem.

OP
R

Roadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you ja, solved the problem. Just watched a complete game with no freeze. However my idiots lost the game but I won!
What does this say about the Apple tech service? I even told the tech that I hoped that I could solve it in settings, but they said ' no way' !,

Most reactions

Latest posts