What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you considering square trade

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
95.00 FOR 2 YEARS SOUNDS GOOD BUT THE STATEMENT BELOW COMES FROM SQUARE TRADE

SquareTrade Warranties are underwritten by Wesco Insurance Company and can be canceled at any time for a full refund based on the remaining months of the warranty on a pro rata basis. This option will come in handy should your iPad get lost or stolen, because SquareTrade does not cover that under the warranty. SquareTrade also offers similar services for the iPhone and pretty much every other electronic gadget you may own.

THEY WILL REPAIR IT BUT NOT REPLACE IT IF STOLEN

MUCH BETTER TO GO TO YOUR OWN INS PROVIDER AS A SEPARATE POLICY:D

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is why I went with Apple Care for the technical part and my insurance company for damaged, lost, or stolen--only $21.00 a year.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Squaretrade fits my needs perfectly. In Florida homeowners insurance is a huge mess so the last thing I need is to have them insure my toys. Accident and water damage are my major concerns with a 3 and 1 1/2 yr olds wreaking havoc, not theft.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
very good point... I may contact my own insurance co. to see what they can offer.

I did however contact Square Trade's customer service via email with a question (re: date of purchase verses date of beginning coverage & the 30 day wait period)... & they had a customer survey you could take for a discount which was 20%... so that is a pretty good reduction in their fee.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on contacting my insurance carrier and seeing what they can do (assuming the 3g model is actually released :D).

I do remember asking my carrier a year ago if they would insure my iphone and was told they made a company wide decision not to offer policies on the iphone as they were taking some serious hits. I will be curious if they feel the same way about the ipad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on contacting my insurance carrier and seeing what they can do (assuming the 3g model is actually released :D).

I do remember asking my carrier a year ago if they would insure my iphone and was told they made a company wide decision not to offer policies on the iphone as they were taking some serious hits. I will be curious if they feel the same way about the ipad.

It will be...Woz already has 2!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called square trade and they wouldn't sell me a policy. They said I had to have the unit in hand with the serial number before they would insure it.

Most reactions

Latest posts