What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash drive

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My laptop is over 3 years old and getting a little slow. I had to remove most of the music from it and put it on a flash drive. If I open the flash drive with iTunes and hook up my iPods or iPads will it sync the music that way.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My laptop is over 3 years old and getting a little slow. I had to remove most of the music from it and put it on a flash drive. If I open the flash drive with iTunes and hook up my iPods or iPads will it sync the music that way.

Hello - you'll need to go to iTunes Preferences (top menu w/ iTunes opened) > Advanced; the location of your iTunes Library will be near the top of the dialog box (see pic below) - this can be changed - I think most would use a standard external HD so not sure about a USB flash drive? Now, I've never change the location of my music files (neither on an older PC or on my new MBPro), so you might want to take a look at this Apple Support Article - not sure what brand laptop you own but there is a link, so either the Mac or PC directions are there; make sure that your iTunes is updated to the latest version (and I would also backup those music files onto some other storage device just for safety). Good luck and let us know your results - may help others! Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 11.43.15 AM.png

Most reactions