1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Flash cs5 swf to api?

Discussion in 'iPad Development' started by Sonicrobby, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I have flash cs5 and know how to use it. There is a way to publish the app, but you need an apple developer account (which I don't have) is there another way for me to save it as an API? (so I can install it on my own iPad without the need to pass it through apple)
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Flash CS5 is an Adobe program for the PC or Mac. It could never run on an iPad.

Tim
  3. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Cs5 has a feature where instead of saving the file as a .swf, you can publish it to the app store directly (so creating apps on cs5) but I don't have a developers certificate. My question is can I create an app using cs5, save it as an API file, but not publish it to the app store (so I can make an app for my personal use only).
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0