What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash cs5 swf to api?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have flash cs5 and know how to use it. There is a way to publish the app, but you need an apple developer account (which I don't have) is there another way for me to save it as an API? (so I can install it on my own iPad without the need to pass it through apple)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Flash CS5 is an Adobe program for the PC or Mac. It could never run on an iPad.

Tim

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Flash CS5 is an Adobe program for the PC or Mac. It could never run on an iPad.

Tim

Cs5 has a feature where instead of saving the file as a .swf, you can publish it to the app store directly (so creating apps on cs5) but I don't have a developers certificate. My question is can I create an app using cs5, save it as an API file, but not publish it to the app store (so I can make an app for my personal use only).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - sorry for the misunderstanding.

There is no requirement to deploy an app to the App Store - many businesses have private apps developed for their in-house use. To do this you need a provisioning profile and a developer's certificate.

See some more details here...

How to Create an Apple Development Provisioning Profile and Development Certificate - For Dummies

Tim

PS - I cut and pasted the URL from the publisher's website - it's from the well-known 'Dummies' series of books

Most reactions

Latest posts