What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Apple Product---> ipad 2

Richman1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I just bought a new ipad 2 32GB wifi black and so far loving it. However, I am coming from the Android world, which I still love my Droid 2. I did try out the Xoom, and felt it was pretty nice overall, but the app market is tiny so didn't want to wait for the market to catch up the Apple App Store.

One big difference that I already experianced is in the Android Market you can buy an app and have 15 minutes to "try it out" if the app's not what you expected you can get a return immediately, I guess that's not how it works in the Apple App store, lesson learned.

I bought Quickoffice HD as my first app because I do finance and needed a good app to read and edit excel docs, $14.99 lesson because I would have liked to try out other office apps.. oh well. I do have a question though, I bought another app last night for my son, Tron, but it freezes and does not go beyond screen where you can begin to play. How do I get a refund for a non working app?

Thanks and I have a lot of learning to do.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you call Apple Support they will usually refund without question when an app does not work correctly. However, before you do that try restarting the iPad. Often a newly installed app will not work correctly until the iPad has been restarted. No idea why.

To restart the iPad, hold down the power button until the red power off slider shows. Slide it off. When the iPad has fully shut down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Takes about 3 seconds.

Try the game again. If it still does not work you can try deleting it and reinstalling. Despite what it may look like at first, you will not be charged for the second installation.

If neither of those options work, by all means call Apple Support and ask for the refund.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But I do try to notice, and say welcome when replying to first posts. Just seems the right thing to do. But I tend get a bit focused on the problem at hand. :p

OP
R

Richman1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I tried resetting the ipad 2 right after the app was freezing, but that did not solve it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no dice. It looks like it was only a .99 app so I won't worry about it, maybe the developer will correct the issue. Thanks for your help. This place, just like many other forums, are filled with helpful info and members.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Don't forget that apps have links back to the developer and support sites on their App Store pages. Can't hurt to check it out, and pop them a comment if the solutions isn't there. Or write a review. Keeps them honest.

Most reactions

Latest posts