What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filofax

Alan1313

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having organised my life over the last ten or more years using a Filofax organiser I have finally succumbed to an iPad 3.
To get me over this life changing event, can anyone out there recommend any apps or other ways that would assist me with this changeover.
I realise that the two types of organisers are so different but I think I need a small overlap before I change my (very old) ways.
T.I.A.

OP
A

Alan1313

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Filofax is a paper based organiser, diary, journal address book etc. I believe they originated in the 1920's and they're still going strong. At the moment my whole life is tied up in it, so as you may imagine the change to an electric system of data retention,"for me", is a big step.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest looking at SmartPad and Pocket Informant, they are both great apps and well worth a look (personally I prefer the UI of SmartPad but it depends on what takes your fancy).

The Archangel

OP
A

Alan1313

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply Gabriel1. I took a look at Smart Pad and it looks ideal, though somewhat expensive to download for a trial go. At the moment I'm using "Daily Notes". Which although good for diary purposes is not so ideal for all round planning. Looks as though I'm going to have to use a number of apps together, "calendar" etc. until I find my utopia.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a look at Smart Pad and it looks ideal, though somewhat expensive to download for a trial go.

Fair point about the 'try-out', but remember that Filofax pages aren't exactly cheap - and you won't have to replace your diary every year ;)

Looks as though I'm going to have to use a number of apps together, "calendar" etc. until I find my utopia.

The basic functions of a Filofax (address book, calendar, notes, reminders) come with the iPad as built-in apps; if you want everything in one app, then something like Informant HD works well - for me, anyway - though if your needs run to sketching or making diagrams, then I've found Notes Plus to be very useful.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alan1313 said:
Thanks for the speedy reply Gabriel1. I took a look at Smart Pad and it looks ideal, though somewhat expensive to download for a trial go. At the moment I'm using "Daily Notes". Which although good for diary purposes is not so ideal for all round planning. Looks as though I'm going to have to use a number of apps together, "calendar" etc. until I find my utopia.

Well I can personally vouch for them, they are quality apps.....if you go to the respective web sites for these apps then you should be able to see sample pages.......which is no less than you can do with a Filofax in a store.

The Archangel

OP
A

Alan1313

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I went for "Smart Pad". It seems the best for my purposes. I just have to get to know it. It appears to be a very steep learning curve. So here goes.
Many thanks for helping an absolute newcomer to this electronic business.
Alan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alan1313 said:
Well, I went for "Smart Pad". It seems the best for my purposes. I just have to get to know it. It appears to be a very steep learning curve. So here goes.
Many thanks for helping an absolute newcomer to this electronic business.
Alan

I found it really quick to learn......I just played around with it for a while and it all fell into place and I'm no genius!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts