What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fill out documents on my iPad from and email

How to fill out documents on my iPad from and email

• Unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't fill out a document directly in the Mail app.

However, you can open the document in another app to do so. If you are seeing the attachment icon, tap an hold on the icon for options that will let you open the file in another app. If you are already seeing the document as a preview in the Mail app, tap in the center of the screen and you should see some Open In menu options appear at the top right.

The two most common apps that will let you edit Word documents are Pages and Microsoft Word. Both should be free in the App Store. Though, if you have an older device Pages may still cost something. I don't remember if they made it free for everyone or not. If it's free it will have a GET button instead of a price listed.

Pages will import the document, let you edit, then you can export/email it again as Word document (converted back). This will work pretty well for simple documents, but there might be some minor formatting changes.

Microsoft Word is free, but will only read documents until you unlock it with a free Microsoft account. Once you do that all but a few high-end features will work with the free account. You need a paid Office 365 account to unlock everything. Like Pages, you can email a copy directly from the app. While a bit more trouble to set up (because the required account) Word is less likely to cause any changes to your documents formatting.

Most reactions

Latest posts