What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files upload to the web

kimotkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im on iPhone 4s. Is it possible to upload my documents to the web from ibooks or adobe reader?? It always seems to direct me to photos album!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Safari web browser in iOS does not have the ability to upload files to websites (other than photos).

The iCab Mobile browser can upload documents to most websites, but you have to copy the file to the iCab app first; using Open In from the originating app or by some other method.

This restriction is due to something called sandboxing. It prevents one app from directly accessing files from another app's folders. While it makes the iPad much more secure, it sometimes requires a bit more planning.

You can probably use Open In to copy files from Adobe Reader to iCab. The iBooks app is limited to emailing PDF files. To get a PDF to iCab from iBooks you would need to email it to yourself, then use the Open In option in Mail.

If you need more details, let me know.

Most reactions

Latest posts