1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

file manager that supports GRBG.xxx

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by fredsmith219, Dec 22, 2010.

1. fredsmith219

fredsmith219 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,
    I hope I'm not posting what (I thought) would be a trivial issue, but I can't seem to find a good app anywhere.
    What I want to do:
    Copy files to my jailbroken iPad and have them accessible via the iPod app without using iTunes.
    Copy a file from apple's /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music directory to my PC but have it appear on my PC with it's real filename, not the garbage Apple munged filename.

I know that there are applications for the PC and Mac that can do this. If I end up going that route, it's fine, but I was hoping for something running on my iPad that I could use ssh/scp or a web interface with. I tried iFile, and while it looks like a fine app, it doesn't seem to be able to read Apple's munged up file names. I tried i-FunBox on my PC with the same result. Is there something in the Cydia repository that will do this?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010