What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling stupid, do I need to sync with a computer

jameschloe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have a computer other then my iPad2 so I get confused with iTunes ? Everyone seems to sync with their desktop and have other options I don't . Am I missing something? I have used iTunes on ipad but nowhere else so not able to compare...have searched and looked but cannot find similar questions on forums. Feeling very untechy ! Any help will be munched appreciated but keep laughter to a minimum please !

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jameschloe71 said:
i don't have a computer other then my iPad2 so I get confused with iTunes ? Everyone seems to sync with their desktop and have other options I don't . Am I missing something? I have used iTunes on ipad but nowhere else so not able to compare...have searched and looked but cannot find similar questions on forums. Feeling very untechy ! Any help will be munched appreciated but keep laughter to a minimum please !

Welcome to the iPad Forums! Our members come from around the world but all share an interest in Apple products, especially the iPad. If you have any questions, many members volunteer their time to answer other member's question. If a search of the forum threads doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask your questions in the appropriate forum.
Before posting, be sure to read the forum rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

ITunes on your iPad is a place to buy music, books, movies, TV shows, etc.. iTunes on a home computer is a place to manage the content on your iPad, to store backups and store content not currently on the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
jameschloe71

jameschloe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you and yes I was right to feel stupid but if I don't ask I'll never know ! I have read so much here that I think I'm confusing myself ! Hugs all round.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jameschloe71 said:
Thank you and yes I was right to feel stupid but if I don't ask I'll never know ! I have read so much here that I think I'm confusing myself ! Hugs all round.

I'm glad I could help. Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only stupid questions are the ones that aren't asked!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome fellow Aussie! Trust me, from what I have read you are no more "untechy" than many of us on this forum, myself included, and joining this forum is another right thing you have done.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are willing to buy music, movies, and books&mags from your ipad, then you can avoid using iTunes on a PC to manage your iPad. You can also do backups to iCloud. So you can avoid syncing to a computer.

That said, the advantage of syncing to a computer is speed. Backups happen faster, restores happen faster, you get all your apps and purchases backed up too. But you need a computer to do these things. A new and improved version of iTunes is due to appear any day now.

Most reactions

Latest posts