What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faster playback speed for videos

katieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using my iPad for videos mostly. They look great, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a video player app for iPad that can play the videos back at faster speeds - like 2x or 4x faster? (Different from scrubbing the playback).

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple uses it's quicktime player for videos.
I think fast scrubbing is the only way to speed through them :(

Haven't heard of an alternative video app.

OP
K

katieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx Hasty. I know it sounds strange, but I'm not dealing with 'pleasure watching' here ;). These are recorded lectures which I like to review when I am studying. (Fast forwarding doesn't allow me to hear anything, whereas faster playback does.) That probably sounds weird too, but hey, I'm on a tight schedule! :D

-K

Qcksilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this actual problem before. was watching some Star Trek Enterprise episodes on my ipad today actually. i paused it to get a bite to eat real quick, when I returned to the ipad to continue watching (about 5 minutes paused I'm guessing) the playback was set to chipmunk voice playback. sound funny but i had to watch the rest of the episode that way. it was like it was set to play back at 1.5x the standard rate. i couldn't figure out how to get it back to normal speed. any help?? please, from anyone??

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx Hasty. I know it sounds strange, but I'm not dealing with 'pleasure watching' here ;). These are recorded lectures which I like to review when I am studying. (Fast forwarding doesn't allow me to hear anything, whereas faster playback does.) That probably sounds weird too, but hey, I'm on a tight schedule! :D

-K

Wow! This is exactly my situation!

Someone please help.

Breitigam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answer is Speedup TV

Speedup tv works great. Available on the app store. Preserves pitch of the lecturers voice. My wife got a professor that speaks really slow. We captured the online presentation ( slides and audio) via ishowu at 1 frame per second. Then play back with Speedup tv at 1.5x we found 2x to be a little fast but will depend on the speaker. She carries these lecture videos around on her iPhone ( anatomy ).

Db

Most reactions

Latest posts