What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
During WW I, through the week before Christmas in 1914, parties of soldiers from Germany and Britain exchanged seasonal greatings. Sometimes they were bringing gifts to their opponents.
On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many of them exchanged food and souvenirs.

LeCaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During WW I, through the week before Christmas in 1914, parties of soldiers from Germany and Britain exchanged seasonal greatings. Sometimes they were bringing gifts to their opponents.
On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many of them exchanged food and souvenirs.

Too bad they didn't stop fighting and told their leaders to do the fighting instead. It would have saved millions of lives.

If this policy were applied worldwide, we would get rid of a lot of incompetent heads of states. Somehow, they always survive and let the people die for their causes!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Johanna,
Is it true that Hitler was born in Austria! Or is someone pulling my leg? Taking advantage of my naive self?

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

LeCaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Johanna,
Is it true that Hitler was born in Austria! Or is someone pulling my leg? Taking advantage of my naive self?

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

He was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria , April 20, 1889, if my memory serves me correctly. Try to Google his name and you should have hours of reading ahead of you. Not that I advise it to kill time.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Johanna,

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
He was born in Braunau, Upper Austria. We're not proud of that fact.

Another fact we're not proud of (and I don't need any internet source for this):
He wanted to become a professional artist and study arts in Vienna before his "career" in Germany, but was rejected twice.

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason! [emoji4] I just didn't want someone to make me sound stupid![emoji39][emoji56][emoji170]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That someone told you the truth. :)

Something completely different:
India contributes 70% of global spice production.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you slowly pour a handful of salt into a full glass of water, it will not overflow. The first few grains of salt will make the water shrink.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mix one litre of pure alcohol and one litre of pure water together the result will be less than two litres as the water and alcohol molecules intermingle.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read that some time ago, and didn't believe it at first, but it's true.

Most reactions

Latest posts