What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face Time

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Trying to set up my Face Time. What do I need to give to people to call me?

Apple ID? A email address? Can I change that back and forth? Can I can change email addresses at will?

Lots of questions I know. :)

Thanks

jamey

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jamey! I will see what I can find out ~ in the mean time have you checked out the iPad2 manual?

It is available at the Apple iBooks store on your iPad. It’s free!

OP
J

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did but I didn't see anything about switching back and forth. Thanks for looking!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think it's more thn likely ur mobile number or email address. I could be wrong though. I do know this is how Tango vid. Chat app operates and would seem feisable with FaceTime also.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had just test the FaceTime with my wife iPhone and she used my email to call the iPad because I don't own any iPhone yet. However I used her phone # to initiate a second call to her.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
stick2e said:
I had just test the FaceTime with my wife iPhone and she used my email to call the iPad because I don't own any iPhone yet. However I used her phone # to initiate a second call to her.

I just tried to call her iPhone but using her gmail email account (wish is the email she use) and I was unable to do FaceTime to the iPhone

Summary IMO
To call the iPad use email address and to call the iPhone use the person phone #

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all you need is the person's contact number. facetime works with WIFI . with the person's number hit "call facetime" and you are good to go. there's an app called ftfun where everyone who wants to try facetime can call you after you register. i dont recommend it though. lots of nasty facetimers.
of course, it'll only work with other idevices with facetine as well. tango will allow you to make video call with other smartphones with or without a front camera. also works with WIFI.

OP
J

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stick2e said:

What email did you give her? Your Apple ID?

OP
J

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome. Where on the iPad did you put your gmail address? How does it know it's you?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jamey K said:
Awesome. Where on the iPad did you put your gmail address? How does it know it's you?

In my case I use gmail as my primary email for many years, so I don't want to change it.

So I had setup my gmail account as exchange server and all my email, contacts and calendars synchronize to my iPad 2

If you don't know how this is done here is a link http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

If you have multiples calendars make sure you do the last part of the setup where you go to m.google.com/sync to enable the extra calendars in your device.

I hope this help if not feel free to ask again my friend.

Most reactions

Latest posts