1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Face time on ipad 2

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Help and Info' started by agoradia, Aug 22, 2012.

1. agoradia

agoradia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Y face time on my iPad 2 does not work. Can't connect with any1. Please help
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

So I take it you're connected to wifi and have gone to Settings - Facetime and activated then launched the FaceTime app, signed in with your apple id, once verified it will ask you to input your email address. If you have a contact list already this will appear or just input someone's number or email to contact, of course they must have FaceTime also. Also go to Settings - Notifications and activate and set up your alerts here. Have you done all that and still no joy? Have you ever been able to connect to FaceTime?

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, do this step and let us know how you go.
  3. agoradia

agoradia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thnx for ure input but there is still no luck with FaceTime. I could never connect to FaceTime. I don't know wt more to do. I have tried everything. But still no luck
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 0
    Do you have any restrictions set up on your iPad? As FaceTime can be restricted within these settings. Do the people you are trying to connect with have FaceTime activated and are on wifi?

What is it that is actually happening for you when you try to connect?

Might be an idea to also do a Reset on your iPad, a reset in this instance will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a pc

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know.