What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eyesight friendly computing

elagrand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Eddy Lagrand and I live in Portimao, Algarve, Portugal where we live in a restored old farm house, part of which we let out as holiday apartments
My passion is painting on ceramic tiles

after 2 eye operations and still having some sight problems ( I do not like using the term visual impairment as my right eye is still fine)
the i-pad seems to offer a solution to mobile computing whereas an i-phone would leave me struggling (keyboard too small)

So I am interested to learn as much as possible from existing i-pads users in respect of using the device for Internet access, email, telephone communication Skype and in locations where Wi-Fi is not available.

Any practical advice highly appreciated and thanks to those who take the trouble to respond -
Eddy

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome!

Well first of all, the zooming in on text is amazing. You can make a website very large just by pinching and zooming. Secondly, the iPad supports other settings for the visually impaired where you can tap in a certain way (I tried it once, but I forget exactly how) and any app will be enlarged.

It really works well.

Most reactions

Latest posts