eyesight friendly computing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by elagrand, Sep 7, 2010.

1. elagrand

elagrand iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My name is Eddy Lagrand and I live in Portimao, Algarve, Portugal where we live in a restored old farm house, part of which we let out as holiday apartments
    My passion is painting on ceramic tiles

after 2 eye operations and still having some sight problems ( I do not like using the term visual impairment as my right eye is still fine)
    the i-pad seems to offer a solution to mobile computing whereas an i-phone would leave me struggling (keyboard too small)

So I am interested to learn as much as possible from existing i-pads users in respect of using the device for Internet access, email, telephone communication Skype and in locations where Wi-Fi is not available.

Any practical advice highly appreciated and thanks to those who take the trouble to respond -
    Eddy

2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Welcome!

Well first of all, the zooming in on text is amazing. You can make a website very large just by pinching and zooming. Secondly, the iPad supports other settings for the visually impaired where you can tap in a certain way (I tried it once, but I forget exactly how) and any app will be enlarged.

It really works well.