What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

external storage

steve eohim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any external storage for the ipad 2.i bought the ipad mainly as a photo viewer but it's soon becoming full, I don't want anything wifi etc just something simple to plug in the bottom so I can view more photos on a external drive. I have the camera kit so maybe an app or something?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any external storage for the ipad 2.i bought the ipad mainly as a photo viewer but it's soon becoming full, I don't want anything wifi etc just something simple to plug in the bottom so I can view more photos on a external drive. I have the camera kit so maybe an app or something?

Oh my there are loads of options here, AirStash, iUSBport, NAS Drives, etc, etc......these are generally wifi so no need to plug anything in.

I have the CloudFTP (now called iUSBport) which allows me to connect any USB storage (I've connected a 500GB WD passport using this) and access media on it. I also have a WD Live, which is a NAS Drive, in my case a 1TB capacity drive, it's plugged into my home router and I can access it from the sofa a couple of feet away of from the other side of the world!

If any of this is of interest we can point you in the direction of the relevant threads here on the forums!

The Archangel

OP
S

steve eohim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a good option but just looking for something to plug in bottom of ipad really

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a good option but just looking for something to plug in bottom of ipad really

Unfortunately that is about the only thing in terms of external storage I can't help with, good luck, hopefully someone else will be able to assist.

The Archangel

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Id have a look at iFlashdrive. It should do what you want. Im looking into it myself for my needs as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts