What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

excel files from pc to ipad

sim1eng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me wit sending an excel file from my pc to ipad 2 and open in numbers. I keep getting a windat file which wont open. thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me wit sending an excel file from my pc to ipad 2 and open in numbers. I keep getting a windat file which wont open. thanks

How are you trying to send it? I simply email the .xls or .xlsx file to my iPad and then the attachment can be opened in Numbers directly from the iPad's native Mail app.

Tim

OP
S

sim1eng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi Tim

I am trying that but the problem seems to be that the pc insists on sending a windat format even if i change format

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's a problem. It this when using email? If the file itself is .xls before emailing you can also use iTunes to move the file.

iOS: About File Sharing

Otherwise, this is a problem with your computer's email, and I have no idea how to fix that, though a careful examination of you email program's preferences may help.

Also, make sure you have an actual .xls or .xlsx extension on the file when you email it. A lot of modern operating systems recognize a file type without the extension internally, but when emailing the file an extension is essential.

You could also look into getting DropBox account and the DropBox app. This works well for importing files into Numbers, though you can not export them that way. Well, you can, but the service isn't free (anymore). It is called DropDAV.

Most reactions

Latest posts