What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just about finished all of Milsey's Xmas shopping if I don't find anything else for him. I had to hide the toys like he's a human child lol!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just about finished all of Milsey's Xmas shopping if I don't find anything else for him. I had to hide the toys like he's a human child lol!!

LOL,i have this picture of him running around the house trying to sniff them out.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hope you bought him so good treats! ;)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We do, except my family doesn't have that as part of our Christmas dinner! However, by the sounds of it...is sounds delish!

I'm in, BoB! I'll bring the Cheese ball and wine...unless you have something else... A favorite processed food of your choice! ;)

We will have a fat goose with lots of fat. Stuffing with chestnuts. A relish tray. Numerous bowls of assorted nuts and festive Christmas cookies with those little festive sprinkles I do so love.

Rum balls, bourbon balls, candy canes and anatomically incorrect gingerbread men.

Everyone visiting will receive a little gift, as is tradition.

We will have two kinds of potatoes; three if you count the sweet potato pie. Perhaps baked if they do not cool too much from the sleigh ride or smell of feet. At one time, potatoes were used to provide warmth, or so I am given to understand.

Squashes and root vegitables aplenty.

Some pickled vegetables, candied carrots, peas and onions and herrings in both oil and cream. And if the monger has them, some wonderful smoked eels. Do not turn up your nose at smoked eels, they are amazing. I e-hear you gagging, but eels rule.

Perhaps some nice pork. That is, if I kill and butcher a pig this year. Not like last year with too much scotch I went a pig hunting. Odd thing was, I recall eating something I thought was a pig but the cat went missing. I always wondered what might have happened. Perhaps the cat fell down the well or was cat-napped. I just know something happened and the pig was great. Albeit much smaller and more stringy than I remember pigs of Yule Tide past being.

I did not know pigs had whiskers, either. Just like my missing cat. Very odd and chances are, nobody will ever solve the mystery.

And lest I forget, real gravy for the spuds. And I mean real giblet gravy, not that canned crap. Real bits of heart and liver but no gizzard because that is my special treat and mine alone. Touch it and you will be tossed into the moat. I'll be filling it with water just to deal with Christmas troublemakers and hooligans. They always gravitate towards me at Christmas, so you all might as well come prepared to fight.

Several kinds of pie and lots of christmas alcohol. Cigars and a fine single malt for the men as the women folk do the dishes, just like at the first Christmas before they got so uppity and were allowed to speak their minds.:D

You will not like my family, so they cannot come. Just you, me, the IPF and the christmas dancers of loose morality and effervescent joy beyond joy. Just like at the first Christmas.

Then, after the workers install the Festivius Pole and the dancers are gone, we can stand and address our grievances. I have a real problem with some of you!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
We will have a fat goose with lots of fat. Stuffing with chestnuts. A relish tray. Numerous bowls of assorted nuts and festive Christmas cookies with those little festive sprinkles I do so love.

Rum balls, bourbon balls, candy canes and anatomically incorrect gingerbread men.

Everyone visiting will receive a little gift, as is tradition.

We will have two kinds of potatoes; three if you count the sweet potato pie. Perhaps baked if they do not cool too much from the sleigh ride or smell of feet. At one time, potatoes were used to provide warmth, or so I am given to understand.

Squashes and root vegitables aplenty.

Some pickled vegetables, candied carrots, peas and onions and herrings in both oil and cream. And if the monger has them, some wonderful smoked eels. Do not turn up your nose at smoked eels, they are amazing. I e-hear you gagging, but eels rule.

Perhaps some nice pork. That is, if I kill and butcher a pig this year. Not like last year with too much scotch I went a pig hunting. Odd thing was, I recall eating something I thought was a pig but the cat went missing. I always wondered what might have happened. Perhaps the cat fell down the well or was cat-napped. I just know something happened and the pig was great. Albeit much smaller and more stringy than I remember pigs of Yule Tide past being.

I did not know pigs had whiskers, either. Just like my missing cat. Very odd and chances are, nobody will ever solve the mystery.

And lest I forget, real gravy for the spuds. And I mean real giblet gravy, not that canned crap. Real bits of heart and liver but no gizzard because that is my special treat and mine alone. Touch it and you will be tossed into the moat. I'll be filling it with water just to deal with Christmas troublemakers and hooligans. They always gravitate towards me at Christmas, so you all might as well come prepared to fight.

Several kinds of pie and lots of christmas alcohol. Cigars and a fine single malt for the men as the women folk do the dishes, just like at the first Christmas before they got so uppity and were allowed to speak their minds.:D

You will not like my family, so they cannot come. Just you, me, the IPF and the christmas dancers of loose morality and effervescent joy beyond joy. Just like at the first Christmas.

Then, after the workers install the Festivius Pole and the dancers are gone, we can stand and address our grievances. I have a real problem with some of you!

Oh BoB--I will try your smoked eel, but will stay away from the pork...because I like cats! ;)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh BoB--I will try your smoked eel, but will stay away from the pork...because I like cats! ;)

Why do people say that? How could they be connected? I think someone took Penelope. He was a great cat and I had a leather jacked made just to fit him.

Eels are great, trust me. Hard to find locally, which is rather odd because they are so good.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yugh! Cat? Bob, you mad, mad, person. Such a laugh though.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Hey . . . if we are all going to a drafty and likely haunted place, it will be at my Ancestor's place. It is called Maxey Castle. I would like to invite you to Maxey Castle, but I probably do not have the right to do so. I suppose we could storm the castle like vikings.

"Maxey Castle was built around the 1370s by William Thorpe near the village of Maxey. The castle had a double-moat, possibly designed as a flood defense, with a central keep within a bailey wall with corner towers. Today only the partial remains of the moats survive of the castle, which have scheduled monument status."
Maxey Castle (The Gatehouse Record)

I guess I would have been someone in 1370. I always thought I was a viking, but efforts to prove have been in vain.

Thx for sharing this excellent website and a glimpse into your ancestral home, Bob.

I have emailed myself a link to the website. The material appears to be well researched, with the sources used quoted.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
to me it's the best part of Christmas dinner,we have it with lashings of cream......mmmm yummy.

Xmas pud is also very tasty with brandy butter melting over the top of the serving.

Do you drench the pud with brandy and set it alight just before carrying it into the dining room? Our family used to follow that tradition. :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Why do people say that? How could they be connected? I think someone took Penelope. He was a great cat and I had a leather jacked made just to fit him.

Eels are great, trust me. Hard to find locally, which is rather odd because they are so good.

Good post about dinner, Bob. I had a chortle and choke on me T! :D

So, there's a bit of cockney in your genes! Jellied eel and mash served in that green sauce is a cockney favourite.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
LOL,i have this picture of him running around the house trying to sniff them out.

Lol, fortunately for me, out of sight out of mind. They are in the linen closet. He's focused on the terrace window right now. Wants to go out three but its too early and too cold right now. No rest for Mommies lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a shopping bag I saw for sale at work today.

image-2148191815.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts