What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enabling dictation on the iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since I got my Magic Keyboard for my IPad Pro a while ago I’ve been disappointed that the only way to invoke dictation was to select the keyboard symbol on the bottom right of the iPad screen where the microphone symbol will then appear.

Just in case you didn’t know, there is another way, just try a double-tap on the ‘control’ key on the Magic Keyboard. You can actually choose between the control key and the command key by selecting Settings - General - Keyboard - Dictation Shortcut.

Hope you find this useful!

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since I got my Magic Keyboard for my IPad Pro a while ago I’ve been disappointed that the only way to invoke dictation was to select the keyboard symbol on the bottom right of the iPad screen where the microphone symbol will then appear.

Just in case you didn’t know, there is another way, just try a double-tap on the ‘control’ key on the Magic Keyboard. You can actually choose between the control key and the command key by selecting Settings - General - Keyboard - Dictation Shortcut.

Hope you find this useful!

Great tip! Just treated myself to the Magic keyboard yesterday.

Most reactions

Latest posts