What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email trouble

Jtomaino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for a few weeks and not have my first problem...email messages download and the two lines of preview show' but I can't open the whole message...checked my aol account on desktop and worked fine...anyone know what I should do?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Help section, as I think you might get a better response there.

If you can see the message preview, what happens when you touch the preview in the left hand screen pane? Do you get an error message or does just nothing happen?

Tim

OP
J

Jtomaino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for moving me to the right spot...when I click on it nothing happens. I also tried deleting my aol email account and reinstalling it but same problem.

OP
J

Jtomaino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only other change is that the email page will not spin into the portrait mode- stays in landscape when held upright

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the orientation lock engaged? Does the iPad move from portrait to landscape ever?

The orientation lock is either the switch by the volume control or, by double-clicking the Home button and opening up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen, then flicking the screen to the right, you'll see a control at the far left hand side at the bottom of the screen.

One of these will unlock the orientation. You can permanently decide which one in the 'Settings' menu.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts