What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Question

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got my email set up and was wondering how can I get my email both on my Windows computer and on the IPAD?

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I was having trouble setting up my bellsouth email, I was direct to use the Yahoo one in the IPAD menu and it worked, but would like to get my mail on my PC as well

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would need to create a new account to change it, but I am pretty sure Bell South should work using imap, and then you can run them on both more easily.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean get the same mail on your iPad and also on your computer, just set it up on your iPad to leave mail on server. Then when you check on your computer it will still be there to be downloaded to the computer. I do it that way, so that the things I need to save go to the computer for safekeeping and sorting.

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not getting that option. I was having trouble setting up my ***@bellsouth.net att email on the Ipad so I call Apple Tech and they told me to use the Yahoo!, Mail to set up my Bellsouth email instead of setting it up manually. I did and it worked but it does not give me the option to leave on server.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they told you to use Yahoo, you should have used either imap or pop, but you will have to create a new account to change it.

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not see that option in the email settings. I was to to set up my email under account type Yahoo Mail

3 [FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Tap an account type:
Microsoft Exchange
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]MobileMe[/FONT][/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Gmail[/FONT][/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Yahoo! Mail[/FONT][/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]AOL[/FONT][/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Other[/FONT][/FONT]Â[FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four][FONT=Apple Icon Four,Apple Icon Four]Â
[/FONT]
[/FONT]4 [FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Enter your
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I sellect other what setting should I use? I tried using the other:

see below
bellsouth email account thru ATT and cannot get the email to work. I imported my setting from Outhlook and that does not work. Help?

My incoming mail server in out look is pop.att.yahoo.com 995

Outgoing is smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 ssl

My outgoing server requires authentication and this is checked and use same setting as my incomming.

I get The connection to the server failed?

Most reactions

Latest posts