What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email question

Guppydrvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased two iPad 4 refurbished for my wife and me. I set emails up for each of us. My wife is getting my emails in addition to hers. How do I stop this?

Also, every time we try to delete an email it says it could not be moved to trash.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

Do you share the Apple ID with your wife? Make sure that Mail is disabled on her iPad in Settings - Mail - Accounts, in your email account.

For the email account that can't move your emails to trash, here a few things to do. Try removing an email after every step, maybe one of them fixes the problem, without the need to try all of them:
Turn off the account in Settings - Mail, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.
Remove the email account from your iPad (delete it completely), then set it up again.
In Settings - Mail - Accounts - (the email account with the problem), go to Advanced - Mailbox Behaviours - Deleted Mailbox, and make sure there's Trash visible. And in Move Discarded Messages into, select Deleted Mailbox.

Hope that helps.

legal7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased two iPad 4 refurbished for my wife and me. I set emails up for each of us. My wife is getting my emails in addition to hers. How do I stop this?

Also, every time we try to delete an email it says it could not be moved to trash.
Try going to iCloud.com and delete from there that should take care of the deletions

Now as far as your wife and you getting each others emails-it would seem that the iPads are set up for both email accounts on each iPads. go to setting and delete hers on yours and yours on hers

Most reactions

Latest posts