What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing video

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to take videos and edit many of them into a movie? I want to make vacation movies. Can I take the videos on my iPhone then transfer them to my iPad? Can I do the editing with the apps that came with my iPad 2 or do I need to download a new app?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to take videos and edit many of them into a movie? I want to make vacation movies. Can I take the videos on my iPhone then transfer them to my iPad? Can I do the editing with the apps that came with my iPad 2 or do I need to download a new app?
Have you checked out iMovie? It's a very good basic video editing app by Apple.
iMovie by Apple
https://appsto.re/ca/r0rFw.i

It's free for purchasers of newer devices such as iPad Air, iPad Mini with retina display, iPhone 5S, etc.
The videos can come from almost any source that can be downloaded to the iPad as well as being shot with the iPad and iPhone cameras.

OP
M

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see it being free. It says $4.99. Is my device too old? Should I buy it anyway? Is it easy to use?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see it being free. It says $4.99. Is my device too old? Should I buy it anyway? Is it easy to use?
Which device do you have? If it's an iPad Air or later or an iPad Mini with retina display or later, the iMovie app should be free. Check your purchased list. If you don't have a qualifying device, the price is still a good value. BTW, which iPhone do you have? The iPhone 5S and 5C are also eligible for the free iWork and iLife apps and after they're downloaded they can then be diwnloaded to your older devices from the purchased list.

I haven't used iMovie myself as I normally don't shoot videos. From what I've heard though, it should do a good job of making a good vacation movie of your travels.

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iMovie seems the obvious choice. There are other apps available but iMovie works well and is easy to use. If you plan on doing a lot of movie editing then the price is a snip but if you are planning on upgrading to a newer iOS device anytime soon, hold off as it will be included for free.

punishedprimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hands down, best video editing app I've ever used (as far as adjusting light, exposure, saturation,,overall look of the video) VideoGrade - Color Editor for HD Video by Fidel Lainez
https://appsto.re/us/iGSwD.i
a80450aa9787a864528da9b65d2ca2fa.jpg

And I actually bought the Pinnacle Studio app which blows iMovie outta the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts