What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing photos in photo app.?

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why can't you edit photos from within the photo app? Seems to me it makes sense to do so. I do use Photogene app for editing and it is pretty good!
THanks
dickster------

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple's photo app is little more than a viewer. For photos that were taken on the iPad, or imported using the camera connection kit, you can rotate and delete. Photos imported with iTunes can only be altered on the computer, then re-synced. That's it. I suppose it is that way because that's the way they planned it. Even a company as prosperous as Apple can't write the best app for everything, and I bet there are a lot of developers that are just a glad they don't. :)

As you noticed, there are third party photo editors, the Photography app category is bursting with them.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet-thanks for 2nd opinion I appreciate it. You are correct on info. Sometimes it's good to have a 2nd brain assisting the first !!!!!!
dickster--------

bob6003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe Photoexpress app

the adobe photo express app worked really well for me. It's basic but has all the functions for basic editing.:)

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to twerppoet

The photo app was designed to be a viewer. Period. The Photoshop express app is worth precisely the price you pay for it. Nada. I use the real Photoshop everyday on my computer and that is where I have space, processing power, as well as a 27" monitor, to work with images. Just use the iPad to show slide shows and email images about and you are using it for its intended purpose.

Most reactions

Latest posts