1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Editing photos in photo app.?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by DICKNPHYL, May 25, 2011.

1. DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am I missing something? Why can't you edit photos from within the photo app? Seems to me it makes sense to do so. I do use Photogene app for editing and it is pretty good!
    THanks
    dickster------
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914 / 1
    Apple's photo app is little more than a viewer. For photos that were taken on the iPad, or imported using the camera connection kit, you can rotate and delete. Photos imported with iTunes can only be altered on the computer, then re-synced. That's it. I suppose it is that way because that's the way they planned it. Even a company as prosperous as Apple can't write the best app for everything, and I bet there are a lot of developers that are just a glad they don't. :)

As you noticed, there are third party photo editors, the Photography app category is bursting with them.
  3. DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Twerppoet-thanks for 2nd opinion I appreciate it. You are correct on info. Sometimes it's good to have a 2nd brain assisting the first !!!!!!
    dickster--------
  4. bob6003

bob6003 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Adobe Photoexpress app

the adobe photo express app worked really well for me. It's basic but has all the functions for basic editing.:)
  5. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    +1 to twerppoet

The photo app was designed to be a viewer. Period. The Photoshop express app is worth precisely the price you pay for it. Nada. I use the real Photoshop everyday on my computer and that is where I have space, processing power, as well as a 27" monitor, to work with images. Just use the iPad to show slide shows and email images about and you are using it for its intended purpose.