1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

DVD & PowerPoint on ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by wdperry, May 14, 2012.

1. wdperry

wdperry iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently bought an ipad2. I want to use this in my business for presentations. However I am unable to find a way to show my dvd's and powerpoints on the ipad2, as I now do on my laptop..HELP. Can anyone please tell me how to get these items installed on my ipad2 so that I can duplicate what I normally do with my laptop?????????????????????????
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Wdperry - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, you are asking about multiple issues: 1) How to get your DVDs & PP presentations onto your iPad; and 2) How to show them?

As to the PP presentations, I use Apple's Keynote - this app simulates PowerPoint and can use that file format; not as powerful or full featured as the PC desktop program but should work fine for you (unless you use some complicated PP features not available in the iPad program?).

For DVDs, these can be loaded onto the iPad either wired (e.g. iTunes) or wireless (multiple options) - the videos must be in a format that can be used by the iPad - not sure if you have gotten to this point yet?

Finally, as to viewing these Keynote & DVD presentations, again multiple options are available; for myself, I 'mirror' the iPad using an Apple HDMI cable adapter (shown below) - this can be attached to a HDTV w/ the appropriate HDMI input; also 'wireless' choices exist, such as AirPlay (check HERE for further information); in addition, an iPad can use a projector to view these presentations.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions help to solve your objectives - good luck! :thumbs:

accessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg