What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped...

Natebreynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad feel out of one of my cases tonight from a little above waiste height but landed on carpet.. It landed on a top corner and kinda bounced haha no dents everything seems fine but I was wondering if it could have damaged anything inside.. How well are these things packed together? I'm just worried that it might have some long term effect. Let me know what you guys think. Oh and can you get apple care for the iPad?

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
My iPad feel out of one of my cases tonight from a little above waiste height but landed on carpet.. It landed on a top corner and kinda bounced haha no dents everything seems fine but I was wondering if it could have damaged anything inside.. How well are these things packed together? I'm just worried that it might have some long term effect. Let me know what you guys think. Oh and can you get apple care for the iPad?

Yes you can. Puts you at two years warranty. I have it on mine.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you could of had some damage mine fell in the Sam situation as your except mine fell on marble and not carpet... I received i dent on one of the corners and i had dead pixels on streaking across on that side. The apple care does not cover this. But a best buy accident coverage does for two years no question asked it's like 200 plus for 2yrs. I didn't have that tho. i went to apple and payed around 290 for another 16 wifi only the price goes up after that for each model.

OP
N

Natebreynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the carpet might have saved me :) time to return this case haha. Now what if for some reason in like a week or so I start to see dead pixels... Whole that happen? Or would it happen right away ?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the carpet might have saved me :) time to return this case haha. Now what if for some reason in like a week or so I start to see dead pixels... Whole that happen? Or would it happen right away ?

Bad pixels are unlikely due to the way lcds are constructed - you can damage the connector or break the glass, but otherwise it should be fine. The iPad is pretty well made of solid materials and few moving parts - the volume switch, sleep button and home button. If nothing came loose or cracked, you're good to go.

bigjara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldnt rislk it. I would have it check right away.

OP
N

Natebreynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys for all the feedback. there was something "wrong" with my ipad and it was within 14 days at BB so i just picked up a new one =] i didnt want to chance it in the long run. im a freak when it comes to my electronics haha

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys for all the feedback. there was something "wrong" with my ipad and it was within 14 days at BB so i just picked up a new one =] i didnt want to chance it in the long run. im a freak when it comes to my electronics haha

Smart I like your thinking. :D

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a couple of square trade warranties for our iPads. They cost less than $100 and covers regular defects as well as drops, spills, etc. for 2 years.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll have to check out their web site. You can buy at any time but there are waiting periods if the equipment is used. There's also a time difference as to when the coverage goes into effect.

Most reactions

Latest posts